and avoids incidences of food borne illnesses.
Food safety with Bacoban disinfection significantly increases hygiene standards and avoids incidences of food borne illnesses.
Bacoban food protection in compliance with European Standards: Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 of the European parliament, on materials and articles intended to encounter food.
Excellent food hygiene standards for restaurants, bars, fast food outlets, cinemas and kitchens.
Bacoban’s easy-to-use anti pathogen formula has been certified according to EU directives for Food Stuffs, Consumer Goods and the Animal Feed Code to provide effective disinfectant of surfaces across a wide range of food preparation facilities and is suitable any type of food business that needs high level hygienic performance. (See details)
While conventional surface disinfectants are effective for only 30 minutes after the solution has evaporated, Bacoban’s patented formula offers long term surface disinfection that kills micro-organisms within minutes of the application and continues to work for up to 10 days, allowing business owners, managers, chefs or kitchen managers to have hygiene control for the storage, preparation, display or service of food.
- Disinfection protection against cross contamination on kitchen and food handling surfaces.
- Disinfection for work surfaces before, during and after cooking and food preparation.
- Cleaning and disinfection to eliminate the risk of food borne viruses including Norovirus and Hepatitis A and bacteria like E-coli and Salmonella.
- Cleaning and disinfection for shared fridge freezers and chilling compartments.
- Bacoban is effective against a wide range of bacteria, viruses, and fungi. (See full table)
Implementing Hygiene Measures
Bacoban and food safety in the UK
- Prevent Transfer of Products/Ingredients – If several products are manufactured on the same machine, it is undesirable to cross-contaminate chemicals or alternate from one product to the next.
- Avoid Microbial Contamination – This can lead to several problems––reduced product quality, harm to health or even life-threatening circumstances in some cases. Cleaning alone is no guarantee of decontamination, but it is a pre-requisite to disinfection.
- Ensure Disinfectant Efficiency – Soil impacts the effectiveness of a disinfectant. The less soil on the surface, the more effective the disinfectant will be at reducing microbiological contamination.
- Improve Plant Efficiency – Soil contamination reduces the efficiency of equipment and the production process.
Improving Food Safety
- Increase Safety – Facilities that are not cleaned effectively have more potential safety risks—like slips and falls––due to food waste on floors. Also, major incidents due to build-up of soil in equipment can also occur.
- Impact Financial Implications – Reducing waste from spoilage can significantly extend the life of equipment and machinery.
- Minimise Legal Ramifications – Although it may not be common knowledge, there are often legal requirements for food facilities to clean surfaces and equipment to a specific standard.
- Boost Stakeholder Confidence – Finally the appearance of plant and premises is often overlooked but the psychological benefits and confidence gained from clean, hygienic equipment and tidy surroundings have a significant impact on both worker satisfaction and customer confidence. (Source: Food Safety Magazine)
Bacoban disinfection for food premises, food preparation and food production.
Food is increasingly sourced internationally which increases the need for proper food safety standards to avoid incidences of foodborne diseases.
Excellent food hygiene standards are mandatory in the UK to ensure that food is handled safely throughout the food chain. Food safety initiatives and training supported by the Food Safety Agency (FSA) monitor food safety standards and conduct inspections throughout the UK to prevent food related problems. Eliminating microbiological hazards and cross contamination through proper cleaning and disinfection methods is essential for areas of food handling and preparation. This builds a strong reputation for providing safe customer experiences in a land where food businesses are key contributors to the economy.